Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Sightseeing


Driving out to Seattle this summer with my mom we decided it was going to be a straight shot, no stopping or sightseeing. This is a typical "Volk" thing to do, goodness forbid we should actually pull the car over and see something new! However in South Dakota we decided that we needed to see the "Worlds only Corn Palace". That is too good to pass up. In the true spirit of the trip we agreed to just drive by, no going in. We followed the signs, billboards and stream of cars and there it was. Impressive yes, worth stopping? No. It was a definite "Been there, done that" moment. What made the trip truly worth the detour was what I saw next. A hot dog shop on the next block had one of the best mascots I have ever seen and I laugh every time I see it... I will let the picture speak for itself. Don't forget to check out the sneakers!

No comments: