Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Birthday Camping!

In my continuing effort to expand my horizons(that sounds serious doesn't it?) I am going camping! Angie's friend Jannine and her husband and 2 girls are going camping the weekend of my birthday and invited us (me, Angie and Steve) to go along. I was hesitant for several reasons: First, my only camping experience was when I was in Camp Fire Girls when I was 6 and it rained, I couldn't bring my own pillow and the other girl that we shared the tent with was tiny, but somehow sucked up half the tent! Second, I usually joke that my idea of camping is staying in a Super 8 motel. Well Angie wasn't going to let any of that fly, so I agreed and am so glad I did. This was my favorite part of the conversation:
Me: "o.k. I will go camping"
Angie: "Great I will make the reservation tomorrow"
Me: "Now I just need to make sure that I have stuff for camping"
Angie: "Well we need to get you a head lamp and a camp chair and you will be all set!"

Heck if I had known that that was all I needed for camping I might have done it a long time ago!

No comments: